About the Role: We are seeking a talented AR/AP Specialist to join our growing Finance team. You’ll help us reach the next level by managing key financial processes including invoicing, accounts receivable, accounts payable and month end close. You will ensure our finance operations run smoothly and drive process improvements. If you are fiercely passionate about streamlining, are vigilant when handling money, and want to have a high impact on a fast growing company, we want you on the team as an AR/AP Accounting Specialist!
The AR / AP Accounting Specialist will be the face of FluentStream with our clients for billing issues, and our vendors for our daily operating expense spend. They will review all client invoices and equipment orders for accuracy and completeness, approve for timely delivery, and ensure payment is collected on outstanding invoice balances.
This position will work closely with the CFO and Staff Accountant with opportunities to further develop processes within our rapidly growing company. The ideal AR/AP Specialist will have experience in full cycle AR & AP accounting and a willingness to learn as a core member of the finance team.
- Ensure all clients are invoiced accurately and timely
- Plan, implement and document quality workflows for all billing processes Be a Key driver in developing process improvements associated with the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable function.
- Read and interpret client contracts to create invoices and billing schedules for organically acquired and inorganic migrated clients, based on specified contract terms
- Process client credits and discounts
- Perform invoice and billing audits including reconciling voids and non-starts
- Manage appropriate and effective collections communication with clients
- Monitor accounts receivable aging for overdue clients and alert account managers and leadership of past due accounts
- Apply cash collected to correct accounts within accounting system and maintain accurate reporting on client balances
- Respond timely to questions from clients and internal team members
- Review incoming vendor invoices for accuracy and validity of business expenses and perform vendor invoice reconciliations
- Recommend, develop and support improvements to accounts receivable and accounts payable process including implementation of a new billing and accounting system
- Engage with multiple internal teams to efficiently and accurately invoice clients and pay vendors
- Assist with annual financial audit by providing documentation and support to CFO
- Support the CFO and the finance team in meeting monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting and finance deadlines
- Assist the CFO with other projects as needed
What you’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Proven experience as a billing and collections specialist with strong knowledge of procedures and techniques
- SaaS Revenue Billing experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Solid financial reconciliation experience
- Excel and MS Office Skills including the use of advanced formulas and pivot tables
- Adherence to laws and best practices regarding dealing with clients and sensitive information and financial data
- Confidence in operating various software systems and implementing new systems and processes
- A high degree of attention to detail and trustworthiness, with an ability to discover and remedy discrepancies
- A sense of camaraderie and an ability to thrive in a team environment
What We Offer: We have a kegerator of course, a fancy espresso machine, dog friendly, and a work hard/play hard mentality.
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision
- 401k Plan
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Paid family leave
- Company equity program
- Professional Development/Tuition Reimbursement
About FluentStream: FluentStream is one of Colorado’s fastest-growing software companies, according to Inc. 5000 Magazine, and one of the most enjoyable places to work. Our mission is to simplify how businesses communicate with their clients. Our unified suite of cloud-based software apps provides businesses with a single system to power, manage and improve live client communications. In addition to replacing legacy business phone systems, we also power video, screen-sharing, messaging and other business communication channels.