We are looking for a Principal Developer to work across the Tech organization as we transform our platform and build a scalable solution for current and future growth.
Our vision is to be the communications provider of choice for small and medium businesses by providing simple solutions, integrations, exceptional service and reliability through our relentless efforts to improve our company, client experience, teammates and ourselves. We are looking for curious, driven team members who are excited to help shape the future direction of FluentStream’s technology.
As part of the Development team you will be responsible for determining FluentStream’s multi-year design and architecture strategy. Successful candidates will have a passion for building reliable and scalable distributed systems, a technical background, hands-on experience in developing cloud systems at scale, and the ability to collaborate with others to drive initiatives forward.
- Collaborate with Tech leadership to develop strategies to execute on priorities and align Development team objectives
- Contribute to defining FluentStream’s Development standards and best practices, architecture patterns and recommended technologies looking at a multi-year horizon
- Designing, architecting and developing scalable platforms for FluentStream’s web platform
- Designing and developing test and release processes, validation procedures, programming and documentation for new application features
- Implement technical prototypes to understand new technologies as well as assess and manage risks for projects in active development
- Provide guidance to teams on designs, from inception to implementation
- Technically lead entire programs from concept through deployment, without regular technical oversight
- Champion our culture of ownership and responsibility by demonstrating a dedication to meeting objectives
- Mentor developers at all levels
- This is an individual contributor role
You might be a good fit if you
- Have 15+ years of related software development experience
- Have 10+ years of experience in the UCaaS/VoIP space
- Can handle multiple conflicting priorities
- Can design and architect large scale distributed systems
- Are excellent at creating clarity and alignment for technical initiatives
- Are passionate about building reliable, secure, scalable services collaborating with multiple teams
- Have strong experience with AWS services
- Understand the cost implications of cloud systems you design
- Stay educated on most recent software development trends and best practices to act as the subject matter expert for the Tech organization
- Have previous experience working as part of a distributed workforce
- Have previous experience with React, Java, and TypeScript
- Have previous experience in a similar role within a startup or growth-stage environment
- Have previous experience working in a remote environment
$200,000 to $300,000 per year plus equity
This is a remote position and can be located anywhere in the United States.
- Company equity program
- Monthly stipend to facilitate a comfortable remote work environment
- Medical, dental, life and vision insurance
- Unlimited paid time off
- Paid family leave
- 401k plan
- Reimbursement for education and professional development
- Employee assistance program
- Pet insurance
FluentStream is a unified communications as-a-service (UCaaS) company that simplifies and automates how businesses communicate with customers. Thousands of businesses across the country have replaced their legacy phone system with FluentStream’s modern, cloud-based communications platform. Our apps enable support, sales and other professionals to deliver an exceptional customer experience from any device or location. Our 80+ remote employees share a passion for teamwork, fast-paced challenges, flexibility and inclusion. We are proud to be consecutively recognized by Inc. 5000 as one of the fastest-growing private companies, and by BuiltIn as one of best companies to work for in the U.S.